Tuesday, February 13, 2007

What's Really Good?!

It's been a while, let me catch everyone up with what's been going on.

Monday morning I walk into work to find an email from my supervisor just waiting in my inbox. Apparently an Equity Partner had a complaint about my attitude towards him and told my supervisor. Other times things like this don't bother me but this time it did. The complaint was I talked to him in a "condescending tone." I'm not even going to explain the whole situation because it makes me upset thinking about it, but I'm sure anyone can figure out it was done as a reaction to something he said. I'm not sure why individuals think they can talk to you any way they please but when it's time to return the favor they feel disrespected. I walk into offices day in and day out and my intelligence is insulted. The minute I call you out on it, it's a bad thing. I've been working at this law firm for 2 months and I already know I'm not making it here for the long haul. My supervisor said I needed to have more patience. Roughly translated, "Let these yt's talk and treat you anyway they please and don't do a damn thing about it if you want to keep this job." I heard you loud and clear.

My whole week has been a little off because of this situation but whatever.

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Errr, umm yea. I said BOOO to the whole thing but a close friend told me not to be like that. So I'm trying not to shit on anyones Valentine's Day this year. I will leave it at that.

I hope everyone is having a better week than I am so far.

2 comments:

JaySpice said...

The only reason I like Valentines Day is because it gives me a reason to make baked goods for the kiddies at Stinkie's daycare.

Coco LaRue said...

That really sucks. I'm glad you're standing your ground. And I'm not about the let folks talk to me any kind of way either!

Your week will undoubtedly get better. Everybody is always happy on my birfday!