Friday, April 6, 2007

Brown Skin Lady

Yes, I know I post a whole lot of videos on this blog but sometimes music says more than I can say in a post full of words. This is one of those times.



I don't get many compliments, but I am confident
Used to have a complex about, gettin too complex
You got me, willin to try, looked me in the eye
My head is still in the sky, since you walked on by
I'm feelin high, got my imagination flickerin like hot flames
it's how it seems, you make me wanna ride the Coltrane to A Love Supreme
My brown lady, creates environments, for
happy brown babies, I know it sounds crazy
but your skin's the inspiration for cocoa butter
You provoke a brother we should get to know one another
I discover when I bring you through my people say TRUE, all I can say
is all praise due I thank you God for a beauty like you

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOOOVE Blackstar (Mos and Talib are two of my favorite rappers) and this song is official. I might be a little lacking in the pigment color category, but this is still my jam. I made a remix for myself that goes "Tan skin lady."

Anonymous said...

And Have a good weekend Shaq!

Julia_Claudine_Deveraux said...

Hey!

Damn she sounds like a bad sista lol! I love this song too.