Friday, November 24, 2006

Feelin' It

So now that I know I wasn't the only one who wasn't feeling "Kingdom Come" I don't feel crazy. My best friends brother tried to school me last night and tell me lyrically this is Jays best album. I was willing to think about that statement but then he mentioned Poppa Diddy Pop's "Press Play" and his whole thesis went down the toilet bowl. There are a couple of tracks that I can tolerate but by no means is this Jays strongest album. In light of this mess I bestow upon you my favorite Jay track. Vintage Jay at his best.

"Ok I'm gettin weeded now I know I'm contradicting myself...look I don't need that now...it's just once in a blue when there's nothin to do and the tension's too thick for my sober mind to cut through" --Jay-Z

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reasonable Doubt was BY FAR the best Jay album ever! This Kingdom Dumb ish is NOT the lick...

I was crackin up when you said your cousin mentioned Puff... HAHA! I was thinking the same thing.

:)

Anonymous said...

My bad..

I meant your best friends brother...

I just come up with my own ish sometimes!