Monday, December 25, 2006

Godfather of Soul Dies


ATLANTA - James Brown, the dynamic, pompadoured "Godfather of Soul," whose rasping vocals and revolutionary rhythms made him a giant of R&B and an inspiration for rap, funk and disco, died early Christmas morning. He was 73. Brown was hospitalized with pneumonia at Emory Crawford Long Hospital on Sunday and died around 1:45 a.m. Monday, said his agent, Frank Copsidas of Intrigue Music. --Associated Press.

All jokes aside, 'cause I've had a few over the years, it's a sad day. I remember just seeing a few pictures of him performing at an event. One thing is for sure though, James Brown lived his life the best way he knew how and to the fullest. R.I.P Mr. Brown.

Say It Loud, I'm Black and I'm Proud. There are too many hits too enjoy from James Brown but this one is by far my favorite.

1 comment:

-_- said...

DAMMIT!! (pumps fist in air)
That's my favourite as well!

In fact, when I go back to work tomorrow, I will blast it from the speakers. As the only Negro in the whole damn company, I am going to get 'ethnic' (quoting Aunt Helen from Fresh Prince)

hahahaha